This route probably has some of the most famous and well known sites in Ireland along with day trips that can be taken. Most popular would be Rock of Cashel, Kilkenny city & Castle, Waterford Crystal, Ring of Kerry & Dingle Peninsula and Blarney. If this is your first time to Ireland it is a good route to start with.
1. Killarney (Ring of Kerry, Dingle Peninsula)
2. Cork (Blarney, Kinsale, Cobh)
3. Waterford (Waterford Crystal, Dunmore East)
4. Kilkenny (Kilkenny Castle)
5. Dublin (city tour to all attractions)
There are many combinations to the overnight locations listed above and if you wanted to stretch it a little you could include Galway for a night.